Manchester Arena Competition Rules
Please take a few moments to read through these Competition
1. By entering and participating in any Manchester Arena
contest or competition ("Competition") all entrants to
are bound by and agree to participate in the Competition in
accordance with these Rules. All entry instructions form part of
these Rules. If you do not agree to these Rules, please do not
enter the Competition.
2. We reserve the right to cancel or modify any Competition
or these Rules at any time without prior notice. Any changes will
be effective once posted on this site. A copy of the Rules may also
be obtained by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope addressed
to: Competition Rules, Manchester Arena, Victoria Station,
Manchester M3 1AR.
3. Our decisions on all matters relating to any Competition
including disputes and results will be final and no correspondence
or discussion shall be entered into.
4. Competitions may be organised and operated by SMG (UK)
Ltd and/or any of its sponsor(s).
Entry to Competitions
5. All entrants to any Competition must be resident in the
U.K. Multiple entries to a Competition are allowed. No purchase is
necessary to enter a Competition. We may disqualify any entrant if
we have reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any
of these Rules.
6. No employees (including family members) of SMG (UK)
Ltd, any connected or group company or any company involved in the
Competition, are eligible to enter the Competition. We reserve the
right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
7. Competitions may have their own requirements as to
eligibility. Age restrictions may apply to Competitions. You may be
asked to provide written proof of age.
8. By entering any Competition, you represent and warrant
to us that information submitted by you is truthful and
9. By entering any Competition you represent and warrant
to us that you have legal capacity to enter the Competition or that
you have parental consent to your entry of the Competition.
10. Competition entries are free unless otherwise
specified and will be accepted by entry online at http://www.mcr-arena.com
or via our Wi-Fi
portal available within the venue.
11. Where entry to a Competition involves using a premium
rate text number, calls will normally cost a premium charge as
specified plus the standard rate for you mobile network provider.
You should check with your service provider for details. Cost of
calls from different mobile phone service providers may vary.
12. We can accept no responsibility for, and reserve the right
to refuse, entries which are corrupt, incomplete, lost or damaged
or fail to arrive by the closing date.
13. Winners will be contacted by e-mail within 24 hours. Only
one prize per entrant will be awarded.
14. Please note, the closing date for the JD Sports
win-a-pair-of-trainers competition is at the end of each calendar
month. Winners will be contacted by e-mail within 24 hours. Only
one prize per entrant will be awarded. Claims for prizes must be
made by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
24 hours of receiving notification.
15. Closing dates and draw dates for Competitions shall
be as specified. Prizes are allocated randomly from correct entries
received unless stated otherwise for the particular Competition.
Prizes are as specified on the Competition pages.
Winners of Competitions will be notified by e-mail or text. If we
are unable to contact you we may select an alternate winner.
16. Failure to claim a prize within 7 days (or as specified)
of notification may result in disqualification.
17. Prizes are not transferable and there is no cash
alternative. We may exchange any prize for one of the same or
18. Prizes will be delivered to winners via the postal
service or may be collected from Manchester Arena box office. We do
not accept any liability for prizes which are lost, delayed or
damaged in the post or otherwise not received.
19. Prizes may be for events and we will not replace a
prize if the event has been is cancelled or postponed.
20. You may not commit SMG (UK) Limited to any expense or
other obligation unless approved by us in writing.
21. In the event of disqualification of a winner for any
reason, we may decide in our sole discretion to select another
winner. In this event, a further entrant will be selected on the
same criteria and subject to these Rules. A list of winners for a
Competition can be obtained by writing to us at Manchester Arena,
Victoria Station, Manchester M3 1AR, naming the competition and
including a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Intellectual Property Rights and Data
22. All rights of whatever nature
in any Competition and Competition entries vest exclusively in SMG
(UK) Ltd and/or its sponsor(s).
23. Any and all information that you submit must not
infringe the intellectual property rights or any rights to privacy
or other rights of any third party. Entries must not contain
anything, which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent,
harassing or threatening.
24. You may be requested to take part in promotional
activity and we reserve the right to use the names of winners,
including their images, photographs and other media recordings in
publicity materials in any media (including on our websites and
those of any competition partners) anywhere in the world.
25. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used
26. We are not responsible for any problems or technical
malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line
systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software
failure of any email or entry to be received on account of
technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone
lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any
injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's
computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from
participation or downloading any materials relating to the
27 SMG (UK) Ltd shall have no liability whatsoever in
respect to competitions operated on behalf of third parties, e.g.
any of our sponsors.
These Rules, any materials relating to any specific Competition,
terms applicable to the Competition.
29 he Competition and these Rules will be governed by English
law and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive
jurisdiction of the English courts.
You can contact us in relation to any Competition by writing to
Competitions, Manchester Arena, Victoria Station, Manchester M3